Life Sciences Overview
Whether you are…
- an entrepreneur starting with an idea that will change the way specialized surgery is performed
- key management at a public company that must work to balance the public interest with the corporation’s mission
- an executive at a not-for-profit working to structure resources to fund research that will change the way food is grown in underdeveloped countries
…you, undoubtedly, face multiple challenges and opportunities on a daily basis.
The RubinBrown Life Sciences Industry Group works with local, national, and international companies to help improve their financial position and provide superior accounting, tax, and business advisory services, including companies working in the following segments of the industry:
The Plant Sciences segment of our Life Sciences Industry Group provides assurance, tax and business advisory service for businesses that provide products and services for plants and plant-derived materials, including agricultural yield enhancement, biofuels, food, fiber, plant-derived chemicals, and value-added agriculture technology products.
The Animal Health segment of our Life Sciences Industry Group provides assurance, tax and business advisory service for businesses in the area animal health that improve the health, quality and marketability of animals, animal products and biologics.
The Human Health segment of our Life Sciences Industry Group provides assurance, tax and business advisory service for businesses related to human health, medical devices, and pharmaceutical manufacturing including biomaterials, diagnostics, drug development and delivery, and information technology.
The Renewable Energy segment of our Life Sciences Industry Group provides assurance, tax and business advisory service for businesses that provide customer financing, construct equipment, or produce energy from renewable resources, such as solar, wind, geothermal heat, and tidal.
Life Sciences Services
Like many of our clients, you may find yourself and your business in one of the following situations:
- Seeking a professional advisor on business structure, accounting and tax issues
- Needing to strengthen record keeping and accounting
- Requiring more personal, professional attention to challenges during growth
- Experiencing a change in ownership or other significant event that requires special guidance and service
- Requesting reviewed or compiled financial statements issued by a respected independent professional services firm
Business owners partner with RubinBrown because we help them improve and grow their businesses. We are not just accountants or tax professionals. We are trusted business advisors—from entering the marketplace to deciding it is time to exit, through retirement, selling the business, or even transitioning to the next generation.
RubinBrown professionals understand the issues and risks encountered by business owners. We possess a high level of expertise in handling the challenges of managing a profitable, growing business in today’s marketplace. Our clients receive specialized accounting assistance, financial statement preparation, tax planning and preparation, and business advisory services.
RubinBrown offers a full spectrum of traditional accounting, audit and consulting services.
- Financial statement audits, reviews and compilations using industry-specific information
- Agreed-upon procedure reports
- Benefit plan audits
- Due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
We offer a culmination of our audit results in a unique report designed for your business. The ViewPoints Report includes benchmarking information, advice for improving controls, an evaluation of accounting and tax issues, and much more.
Beyond simply reviewing or preparing your federal and state income tax returns, RubinBrown helps you capitalize on tax saving opportunities and give your business a competitive advantage.
- Corporate tax, including research and development tax credits, the manufacturing deduction, energy efficiency tax credits, and cost segregation studies
- State & local tax issues like multi-state tax physical, tax credit and incentive optimization, and property tax assessment and challenges
- Sales and use tax consulting
- International tax, including structure for international expansion, foreign tax credit planning, debt structure and cash flow planning, IC-DISC implementation, transfer pricing, VAT tax issues, Subpart F planning, expatriate and foreign national income tax assistance
RubinBrown’s Business Advisory Services Group understands your business risks. We forge a deep partnership with executive management, audit committees and board members. RubinBrown’s talented professionals provide cost-effective, value-added solutions to improve the financial position and operations of your business.
- Risk services and IT risk, including outsourced and co-sourced internal audit services, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and IT audit services
- Business improvement with an emphasis on planning, improving and executing business strategies and processes
- Valuation services for tax and transaction-related needs
- Mergers and acquisitions including strategy, due diligence and integration services
- IT services including selection and implementation services, IT strategy, data analysis and review and improvements in overall IT controls
Life Sciences News
|Focus on Life Sciences: U.S. Supreme Court's Unanimous Ruling Supports Monsanto's Patent Rights|
Monday, 13 May 2013
|Focus on Life Sciences: MOSIRA Passage Ruled Unconstitutional by Missouri Supreme Court|
Friday, 22 March 2013
|Focus on Life Sciences: The Importance of Intellectual Property Protections in the Plant Sciences Industry|
Thursday, 31 January 2013
Life Sciences Services Leaders
If you have any questions, please contact:
Steve Hays, CPA
Felicia Malter, CPA
Todd Pleimann, CPA
Kansas City Managing Partner
Rodney Rice, CPA
Jason Mannello, CFA
Plant Sciences Segment Leader
Joe Pimmel, CPA
Renewable Energy Segment Leader
Events and Seminars
|Contract Liability & Indemnity Issues For Manufacturers (St. Louis)|
Wed May 29 @ 8:00AM - 09:30AM
|Not-For-Profit Investments Seminar (St. Louis)|
Wed Jun 19 @ 8:00AM - 10:00AM