Recognizing the complexities surrounding the not-for-profit industry are unique, RubinBrown has established a dedicated group to serve these organizations.
Our team includes experienced professionals, all of whom possess industry expertise, as well as the tools essential to serve all types of not-for-profit organizations.
As one of the largest public accounting firms in the region, our team has access to resources to assist with tax consulting, employee benefits, advisory services, regulatory, compliance and much more.
RubinBrown is recognized as a leader in the not-forprofit industry and currently serves more than 150 organizations.
Focused On Arts Organizations
To better serve our not-for-profit clients and help focus on the specific and complex issues faced by different facets of the not-for-profit industry, we have aligned our professionals in segments, including our "Arts Organizations Group."
Our team understands that arts organizations face unique challenges resulting from:
• Earned revenue sources such as ticket sales, facility rentals, class fees, admissions, etc.
• Competition for audiences, attendees, students, and donor support
• Uncertain investment returns or endowments and other investments
We are well versed in issues related to arts organizations and able to provide expert guidance on all operational, tax and accounting issues.
The RubinBrown Not-For-Profit Industry Group provides specialized services to:
- Private Schools
- Religious Organizations
- Social Service Agencies
- Trade & Membership Organizations
Not-For-Profit Arts Organizations Services
Assurance and Accounting Services
- Audits, reviews and compilations of financial statementsPreparation of comprehensive management letters\
- Agreed-upon procedures for policies & procedures and for MAP & YOP programs
- Audits of pension and 403(b) plans
- ViewPoints - summary of value-added recommendations and industry-tailored financial analysis
Tax Compliance Services
• Preparation of Forms 990 and 990-T, if required
• Preparation of Forms 1023/1024 for start-up not-for-profit organizations
• Assistance with Internal Revenue Service examinations
• Preparation of Form 5500 for pension and 403(b) plans Consulting Services
- Internal control and operational reviews
- Assistance implementing management letter recommendations to improve controls/procedures and minimize material weaknesses and significant deficiencies
- Best practices implementation
- Information technology general controls reviews
- Unrelated business income tax research
- Evaluation of management, board and committee responsibilities that results in recommendations for strengthening financial oversight
- Planning and compliance issues for section 403(b) plans and other retirement plans
- Computer consulting including software/hardware selection, installation reviews and training
- Forensic accounting
- Financial analysis and review
- Accounting manuals
Not-For-Profit Arts Organizations Services Leaders
Please contact one of these Not-For-Profit Arts Organizations leaders for more information:
Judy Murphy, CPA
Amy Altholz, CPA
Manager-In-Charge, Arts Organizations Segment
Events and Seminars
|Microsoft Dynamics Receivables Module (Saint Louis)|
Tue May 21 @ 8:30AM - 05:00PM
|Contract Liability & Indemnity Issues For Manufacturers (St. Louis)|
Wed May 29 @ 8:00AM - 09:30AM
|Not-For-Profit Investments Seminar (St. Louis)|
Wed Jun 19 @ 8:00AM - 10:00AM