The valuation professionals at RubinBrown are specialists that focus on the valuation of public and private businesses and business interests as well as intangible assets.
We provide valuation services to public companies in the following areas:
- The identification and valuation of intangible assets acquired in a business combination, per Financial Accounting Standard Board's (FASB) ASC 805 - Business Combinations
- The determination of the fair value of goodwill, to test for potential impairment under ASC 350 - Goodwill and Other Intangible Assets
We provide valuation services to privately held companies, including the valuation of businesses and business interests, in the following areas:
- IRS compliance, including estate planning purposes - to determine the fair market value of business interests that are the subject of gift transfer or estate tax filings and nonqualified deferred compensation plans covered under IRS Code Section 409A
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) - to comply with U.S. Treasury, Securities, and Department of Labor laws
- Mergers and acquisitions - to provide an unbiased expert opinion in assessing the proposed purchase or sale of a business
- Litigation support - to provide expert testimony for litigation purposes, including shareholder disputes, and other matters where business value is at issue
To every engagement, our valuation experts bring a deep understanding of valuation techniques and thorough documentation designed to withstand regulatory scrutiny.
Valuation Resource Links
We have compiled online resources that may be helpful to you or your business. You may wish to bookmark this page for future reference.
CFA Institute is the global, not-for-profit association of investment professionals that awards the CFA and CIPM designations. We promote the highest ethical standards and offer a range of educational opportunities online and around the world.
American Society of Appraisers
Shannon Pratt Valuations
Business Valuation Resources, LLC
National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
Hoover's online offers company information with detailed business reports and industry profiles.
|American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
The AICPA is an organization dedicated to providing its members with resources, information and leadership that enable CPAs to provide services. The AICPA holds conferences and provides professional resources for CPAs.
Valuation Services Leaders
To learn more about RubinBrown’s Valuation Services please contact:
Dale Lash, CFA
Michael T. Lewis, CFA
Todd Pleimann, CPA
Kansas City Managing Partner
Events and Seminars
|Contract Liability & Indemnity Issues For Manufacturers (St. Louis)|
Wed May 29 @ 8:00AM - 09:30AM
|Not-For-Profit Investments Seminar (St. Louis)|
Wed Jun 19 @ 8:00AM - 10:00AM